Finally a (long) update! I spent a lot of time sanding down the excess bondo and working on the shape. Following that I applied a coat of white paint to see how it looked and took a step back to evaluate the project as a whole.
Let’s see, the last time I talked about my stormtrooper project was almost a month ago. Despite not sharing my progress here, I *have* been hard at work on it (okay, okay, I’ve had my bouts of laziness and procrastination with it, too). I’ve been keeping friends updated through chat, and keeping The RPF community updated in my build thread over there. I can’t stress enough how awesome that community is and how instrumental they’ve been in my inspiration for and knowledge of this project.…
I recently began working quietly on one of my better-kept secrets: I want to build a full set of stormtrooper armor. I’ve never really built a costume before – just your typical stuff in grade school, nothing crazy – but I’m tackling the creation of screen-accurate stormtrooper gear. How cool is that‽ (Strangely, I think that’s the first time I’ve used an interrobang here.)